Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Using Wiki's in the Classroom!

Article!

In this article it talks about the various ways that you can use wikis in the math classroom. Wiki's are basically like blogs only the students are given the chance to interactive and edit the information on there. That is one thing that does scare me about letting my students use wikis, is what they will put on there. But I do feel like overall they are very useful in the classroom. I really like the idea of putting a problem solving question on there and letting the students work together to solve it. Another reason that I like, it allows students to work together without having to move around the classroom, and it keeps up with the information for them. I feel like wikis can be a great asset to a classroom, but like everything else they have to be monitored by the teacher.